Indoor plants are getting trendy day by day. People keep such plants inside their homes or workplaces to enhance the aesthetic value of indoors and obviously for greenery as greenery brightens the indoor space. Common indoor plants are Aloe, Snake plant, Peace lily, Spider plant, Peperomia, Areca palm. These plants require less sunlight and easily grow in shade. And also demands very little care and maintenance.
The internet is flooded with tips and tricks on how to take care of indoor plants. Few important things that should be kept in mind are:
- Overwatering is a common issue, water the plants only when they need it.
- Make sure that the soil is dry before watering.
- Water late evening or early morning.
- When it comes to sunlight, 2 hours of sunlight is very essential for the plants. If the plant is not getting direct sunlight, then at least indirect sunlight should be provided.
- One must place the plants at such a place where they can get 2-4 hours of sunlight.
- The place where plants are kept should not be dark & dingy.
- Maintenance & Care
- Natural ventilation is very important for plants. They can be kept near the windows or the areas where there is access to natural air.
- The fans and AC of the rooms make the plants dry and prone to many diseases. This can also cause the yellowing of leaves.
- Make sure that there is good drainage.
- Add compost at least once a month.
Many factors should be taken care of as different plant has a different need. But 2-4 hours of sunlight and good ventilation is the key to healthy plants.